TGH Urgent Care is the only urgent care facility in the Tampa Bay Area recognized by the FDOH as a COVID Early Treatment Center
TGH Urgent Care, powered by Fast Track, has partnered with the Florida Department of Health (FDOH) to offer oral COVID-19 antiviral treatments for those who qualify. These treatments are offered at all TGH Urgent Care locations throughout the Tampa Bay area. TGH Urgent Care has COVID-19 antigen and PCR testing available for patients with a provider visit. The oral antiviral treatments are being offered in conjunction with our COVID-19 test-to-treat services, as we now have the ability to dispense antiviral medication to those who test positive for the virus.
Frequently Asked Questions – COVID-19 Testing
- Can I come in for just a COVID-19 test?
- When you come to TGH Urgent Care, you’ll be evaluated by one of our providers who will then administer the test, if applicable. If you test positive or are experiencing symptoms, the provider may also suggest dispensing Paxlovid, an oral antiviral treatment during your appointment. You do not need to have symptoms to be tested. For information about Paxlovid, the oral antiviral medication we’re offering as part of our COVID-19 test to treat service, follow this link: https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/treatments/treatmentlocator/
- Can I be given the oral antiviral treatment if I was tested somewhere else?
- When you come into any of our clinic locations, you’ll partner with a board-certified provider to discuss your healthcare needs and determine an appropriate care plan. Your provider and you may determine an oral antiviral treatment is the appropriate treatment plan.
- What’s the cost of a COVID-19 test with insurance?
- TGH Urgent Care accepts most insurance plans. For lab-work sent to a lab, the lab will send a bill for any outstanding patient responsibility. At the time of care, our ‘account on file’ program allows us to bill your insurance first to confirm if you are assigned any patient responsibility, to ensure accuracy in payment for our patients. If you have questions or concerns about whether your COVID-19 test will be covered, we recommend reaching out directly to your insurance to discuss your urgent care benefits. You will be billed for the office visit as well as the test as our providers need to evaluate your condition and together, collectively identify what type of testing and treatment is appropriate.
- What’s the cost of a COVID-19 test if I’m uninsured?
- Our self-pay discount rate is $135 for the visit with the provider. Any COVID test, either PCR or rapid antigen, will be charged separately.
- Can I be tested for COVID-19 if it’s for travel purposes or I have no symptoms?
- Many insurance plans do not cover a COVID-19 test for work, travel, or curiosity. For more information, we recommend calling your insurance to confirm your urgent care benefits.
- What’s the typical wait time for COVID-19 testing with a reservation?
- We strive to get patients in and out of our facility as quickly as possible. However, we prioritize stabilizing emergency events first and wait times may vary due to the volume of patients at the clinics.
- How do I know if I need a COVID-19 test?
- Click on our COVID-19 symptom checker (embed URL) to view a list of symptoms.
- How long does it take to get my test results?
- COVID-19 rapid antigen test results will be ready the same day the test is administered. Results will be available in-office and through your patient portal (link to Patient portal URL). COVID-19 PCR tests are sent to the lab and typically are resulted within 3-5 days, depending on the lab. Results will be uploaded into the patient portal for access and our team will call to advise of final results.
- Does TGH Urgent Care offer COVID-19 Vaccines?
- The COVID-19 vaccine/booster is not being administered at TGH Urgent Care locations. Read more about where you can get a COVID vaccine HERE(How Do I Find a COVID-19 Vaccine? | CDC).
We’re Taking Every Step to Keep You Safe!
- Masks are recommended for all patients and visitors in our facilities.
- Social distancing is practiced in each of our lobbies. Signs direct patients to stay six feet apart when standing or sitting.
- We are diligently sanitizing every surface touched by a patient.