Comprehensive Lab Tests & Screening at TGH Urgent Care powered by Fast Track in Tampa, FL
TGH Urgent Care powered by Fast Track offers a wide range of Lab Tests & Screening services to help diagnose and treat a variety of health conditions. Our state-of-the-art facilities and highly trained medical professionals allow us to provide accurate and reliable results in a timely manner. In this article, we will cover everything you need to know about lab tests and screenings at TGH Urgent Care powered by Fast Track.
Types of Lab Tests & Screenings:
Our board-certified medical providers offer urgent care testing for patients ages 3 months or older who are suffering from a non-life-threatening illness. Flu and mononucleosis tests are two of the most requested options, though we also offer:
- Blood Tests: Blood tests are one of the most common types of lab tests used to diagnose a wide range of health conditions. Blood tests can be used to measure levels of various substances in the blood, including glucose, cholesterol, and iron.
- Urinalysis: Urinalysis is a test that measures various substances in a person’s urine. It is used to diagnose a range of conditions, including urinary tract infections, kidney disease, and diabetes.
- Stool Tests: Stool tests are used to diagnose gastrointestinal conditions, such as colitis, Crohn’s disease, and parasites. They can also be used to check for blood in the stool, which can be a sign of colon cancer.
- Rapid Testing: TGH Urgent Care powered by Fast Track offers rapid testing for a variety of conditions, including flu, strep throat, and COVID-19. These tests provide quick results and allow for prompt treatment and follow-up care.
- Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) Testing: TGH Urgent Care powered by Fast Track offers confidential STI testing to help diagnose and treat conditions such as chlamydia, gonorrhea, and HIV.
- Allergy Testing: Allergy testing can help diagnose allergies and determine which substances a person is allergic to. This information can be used to develop a treatment plan to manage symptoms and prevent future reactions.
- Glucose Test: The glucose test measures the amount of sugar (glucose) in a person’s blood. This test is often used to diagnose diabetes, which is a condition that affects the way the body processes glucose. A glucose test can be performed by taking a blood sample and sending it to a laboratory for analysis.
- Throat Culture Test: A throat culture test is used to diagnose bacterial infections of the throat, such as strep throat. This test involves taking a swab from the back of the throat and sending it to a laboratory for analysis. The results of a throat culture test can help determine the type of bacteria causing the infection and guide the appropriate treatment.
- Back-to-school or Sports Physicals: We can help when you must have a physical before you can play sports
- Rapid RSV : Rapid RSV tests are quick and easy tests used to detect the presence of respiratory syncytial virus.
- Urinalysis : Urinalysis is a diagnostic test that analyzes the chemical and physical properties of a person’s urine to diagnose various conditions.
- Urine pregnancy test :A urine pregnancy test is a simple and non-invasive test used to determine if a woman is pregnant.
- Glucose : Glucose is a type of sugar that is the body’s primary source of energy and is measured in blood tests to diagnose conditions such as diabetes.
- Hemoglobin : Hemoglobin is a protein in red blood cells that carries oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body and is measured in blood tests to diagnose conditions such as anemia.
- Stool guaiac (Blood) : A stool guaiac (blood) test is a diagnostic test used to detect the presence of blood in the stool, which may indicate the presence of certain conditions such as colon cancer.
Our team can also perform a variety of procedures to help those with minor injuries. Options include:
- Laceration repair : Laceration repair is a medical procedure used to close a cut or tear in the skin, typically using sutures, staples, or adhesive tapes.
- Abscess drainage : Abscess drainage is a medical procedure used to drain a pocket of infected fluid (abscess) from the body, typically using a needle or small incision.
- Foreign body removal : Foreign body removal is a medical procedure used to remove an object that has entered the body and does not belong there, such as a splinter or piece of glass.
- Splinting : Splinting is a medical procedure used to immobilize a body part to promote healing or prevent further injury, typically using a device such as a cast, brace, or splint.
and Many more
Why Choose TGH Urgent Care powered by Fast Track for Lab Tests & Screenings?
- Convenient Location: Our 15+ Walk-in Clinics are easily accessible and located in convenient areas for patients throughout Tampa Bay.
- Quick Results: Our state-of-the-art equipment and highly trained medical professionals allow us to provide accurate and reliable results in a timely manner.
- Affordable: TGH Urgent Care powered by Fast Track offers affordable laboratory tests and screenings, with many services being covered by insurance. However, do call or visit our Insurance page to ensure your insurance is accepted by our walk-in clinics. Click here to learn more about the insurance we accept.
- Comprehensive Care: Our team of medical professionals is equipped to diagnose and treat a wide range of health conditions, and lab tests and screenings are just one aspect of the comprehensive care we provide.
TGH Urgent Care powered by Fast Track offers a wide range of laboratory tests and screenings to help diagnose and treat a variety of health conditions. Our state-of-the-art facilities, highly trained medical professionals, and commitment to providing affordable and accessible care make us the preferred choice for many patients.
Frequently Asked Questions About Lab Tests & Screenings at TGH Urgent Care powered by Fast Track:
What is the process for getting a lab test done at TGH Urgent Care powered by Fast Track?
To get a lab test done at TGH Urgent Care powered by Fast Track, you can simply walk in or schedule an appointment online by visiting ours On My Way system. During your visit, our medical professionals will explain the test process and answer any questions you may have. After the test is performed, the results will be sent to our laboratory for analysis, and you will receive the results in a timely manner.
Are lab tests covered by insurance?
Many laboratory tests and screenings are covered by insurance, but it’s best to check with your insurance provider to determine your specific coverage. Our team at TGH Urgent Care powered by Fast Track will work with you to ensure that your lab tests are covered by your insurance and provide affordable options for those that are not.
How long does it take to get results from a lab test?
The time it takes to receive results from a lab test varies depending on the type of test and the complexity of the analysis. However, at TGH Urgent Care powered by Fast Track, we use state-of-the-art equipment and highly trained medical professionals to ensure that you receive accurate and reliable results in a timely manner.
Can I get a lab test done without seeing a doctor?
Yes, you can get a lab test done without seeing a doctor at TGH Urgent Care powered by Fast Track. However, it’s important to discuss any concerns or symptoms you may be experiencing with our medical professionals to ensure that you receive the most appropriate test for your needs.
Do I need an appointment for lab tests and screenings?
No, appointments are not necessary for lab tests and screenings at TGH Urgent Care powered by Fast Track; prior to arrival at one of our walk-in clinics, we do recommend check-in online using our On My Way system, which will expedite your visit . We highly recommended checking with your insurance provider to see if prior authorization is required.
What should I do to prepare for a lab test or screening?
The preparation required for a lab test or screening will vary depending on the type of test. Our medical professionals will provide you with clear instructions on how to prepare for your specific test. In general, it is recommended to fast for certain tests, such as glucose tests, and to avoid eating or drinking anything before the test.
Can I receive a copy of my lab test results?
Yes, TGH Urgent Care powered by Fast Track provides patients with a copy of their lab test results. Our medical professionals will also provide an interpretation of the results and discuss the next steps in your care.
TGH Urgent Care powered by Fast Track is dedicated to providing high-quality lab tests and screenings to help diagnose and treat a variety of health conditions. If you have any questions about lab tests and screenings, our team of medical professionals is here to help.
One of the reasons why TGH Urgent Care powered by Fast Track is a popular option for individuals throughout the Tampa, Florida, area is the comprehensive urgent care tests & procedures we offer. While your primary care physician might have to send you to a lab for a blood test or an imaging center for an X-ray before making a diagnosis, we offer a full battery of in-house lab testing options so you can get on the path to wellness as soon as possible. We also perform a variety of non-emergency medical procedures, ensuring you don’t have to spend hours waiting in a crowded hospital emergency room when you have a non-life-threatening condition that requires prompt attention.
Open Every Day
You won’t find a more convenient option in the Tampa, FL, area than TGH Urgent Care, as our 10 area facilities provide urgent care testing and medical procedures from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week. Patients are seen on a first-come, first-served basis, though you can save your place in line through our convenient On My Way system. Contact TGH Urgent Care today to learn more.