Downtown on Water Street
564 Channelside Drive
Tampa FL 33602
Open 7 Days a week,
8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Comprehensive and Convenient Medical Care for Residents of Downtown Tampa & the Surrounding Communities
Downtown on Water Street
You might have heard of urgent care clinics, but what are walk-in clinics? Walk-in clinics are a type of clinic that offers medical services to patients without the need for an appointment. This can be helpful when you or a family member is feeling sick and doesn’t want to wait for a regular doctor’s appointment.
What is a walk-in clinic?
Our walk-in clinic at Downtown on Water Street is a type of medical clinic that allows patients to walk in without an appointment. Walk-in clinics are often located in retail stores, such as pharmacies or grocery stores, offering various services, including vaccinations, physicals, and treatment for minor injuries and illnesses. Walk-in clinics provide various primary, urgent, and preventive care services. Walk-in clinics can also be a good option for those who do not have a regular doctor or are new to the area and do not yet have a doctor.
How to Choose the Right Walk-In Clinic?
Maybe you’ve been feeling under the weather and want to get a quick check-up. Or perhaps you injured yourself and need to be seen by a doctor immediately. Whatever the reason, choosing the right walk-in clinic for your needs is essential. Here are a few things to consider:
- Location – You’ll want to choose a walk-in clinic that’s conveniently located for you.
- Hours of operation – Make sure the clinic you choose is open when needed. Some clinics have extended hours or are even open 24/7.
- Services offered – Not all clinics provide the same services, so it’s crucial to find one that can meet your specific needs. For example, if you’re looking for STD testing, ensure the clinic offers that service.
- Insurance accepted – If you have health insurance, you’ll want to ensure the clinic accepts your insurance plan, and this can save you money on your out-of-pocket costs.
- Cost – Even if the clinic accepts your insurance, you may still be responsible for out-of-pocket costs. Be sure to ask about the cost of services before you visit the clinic.
- Wait times – When you’re feeling sick or injured, the last thing you want to do is wait hours to be seen by a doctor. Ask about the average wait time at the clinic before you go.
You can find a walk-in clinic near you in a few different ways. The first way is to search online. This will include a list of all the clinics in your area, and you can choose the one closest to you. Another way to find a clinic is to ask your friends or family if they know of any. Finally, you can also check with your insurance company to see if they have any recommendations.
What to expect?
Our walk-in clinic, a medical facility, provides medical care to patients without the need for an appointment. However, you can get in line or make an appointment online through our “On My Way” portal. Once you arrive, the provider will likely ask you about your symptoms and medical history, and then they will perform a physical exam. The provider will make a diagnosis and recommend treatment based on their information.
In most cases, the treatment recommended by a walk-in clinic provider will be straightforward to follow. For example, if you have a cold, the provider may recommend taking over-the-counter medication and rest at home. Sometimes, the provider may prescribe medication or refer you to another medical specialist for further care. Overall, walk-in clinics can be convenient and affordable for patients who need quick access to medical care.
The Walk-in Clinic at Downtown on Water Street is excellent when you need medical care but can’t get to your regular doctor. Experienced and qualified doctors and nurses are on staff, providing care for various conditions. However, it’s important to remember that walk-in clinics are not intended to replace your regular doctor.
TGH Urgent Care powered by Fast Track provides comprehensive care to individuals in Downtown Tampa. Our clinic is open to patients on a first-come, first-served basis, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., 363 days a year. With our convenient location just next to Selmon Expressway, the care you need is easily accessible from anywhere downtown. Our board-certified medical providers are ready to give you comprehensive care for a wide array of non-life-threatening conditions.